OP
D

DV8R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to Reef2Reef!
Just figuring out how to reply lol. So, I think I have a couple pictures attached to this thread of what I'm working with. I think my sump has a fuge compartment, and I know how the flow goes. I don't know if a should replace the little bio cubes, and I'm not sure which compartment they should be in. I don't know where my skimmer goes in the chain, and I have a canister filter that I'm also not sure where it should go. The guy I bought it off had it separate from the sump, as in not in the chain from the overflow box.

So, I tried to cover what's going on here. If you need more pictures, or a better explanation just let me know. Thanks for any help you have, and you're welcome for any laughs I may have provided

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome38.jpg

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just figuring out how to reply lol. So, I think I have a couple pictures attached to this thread of what I'm working with. I think my sump has a fuge compartment, and I know how the flow goes. I don't know if a should replace the little bio cubes, and I'm not sure which compartment they should be in. I don't know where my skimmer goes in the chain, and I have a canister filter that I'm also not sure where it should go. The guy I bought it off had it separate from the sump, as in not in the chain from the overflow box.

So, I tried to cover what's going on here. If you need more pictures, or a better explanation just let me know. Thanks for any help you have, and you're welcome for any laughs I may have provided
Welcome to R2R. I don’t see any pictures of the setup.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

OP
OP
D

DV8R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! It doesn't look like your pictures made it. Was the tank running when you bought it, or was it dry?
It was running when I got it, I just didn't take any pictures of the way it was set up. I have it running again, but I'm sure in my guess-timates, I've bunged something up. I'll get posting the pics again for all. If that don't work, I'll send them directly to you lol.

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you see the ones I just put up today?
yes, it’s hard to tell how the flow should go from these picture. Does your tank have drains coming through the bottom of the tank? Is it possible to pull the sump out of the stand and get some pictures of the whole sump and some of the drains coming from the tank? From what I can make out it looks like the drain(s) from the tank should go into the right rear chamber (one with the drain tubes), then water flows to the front right chamber (the empty one) this is where it looks to me like the shimmer goes. Then it looks like in flows under the wall to the chamber with the bio blocks then to the last empty chamber, this is where your return pump should go pushing water back to the tank.
Usually the canister filters would be used for something like carbon but I wouldn’t recommend running carbon unless you’re trying to remove excess nutrients that your live rock and bio blocks can’t keep up with or some other contaminant.
Hope this helps.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back