First time setting up a saltwater aquarium

Hello, my name is Ernesto and I am from Miami, Fl. I've had several freshwater aquariums in the past but this is my first time with a saltwater aquarium. I just set-up a 65gal tank with built in overflow to livingcolor sump system below. Loaded up with about 50lbs of haitian rock and performing my cycle period before adding any fish. It's a pleasure to be part of this forum and I look forward to any and all help. Thanks in advance!

Hello Ernesto, welcome to the channel.
 
1 welcome.jpg
 
Hello, my name is Ernesto and I am from Miami, Fl. I've had several freshwater aquariums in the past but this is my first time with a saltwater aquarium. I just set-up a 65gal tank with built in overflow to livingcolor sump system below. Loaded up with about 50lbs of haitian rock and performing my cycle period before adding any fish. It's a pleasure to be part of this forum and I look forward to any and all help. Thanks in advance!
Welcome from a fellow Floridian (Orlando)!
 
Been away for a while, my tank is still up and running. Had many ups and downs, but I finally have a good hold on my tank. Started off as a FOWLR tank and now I have a mixed reef. Here are some shots of my tank now.

20220224_215504.jpg 20220224_215348.jpg 20220224_215310.jpg 20220224_215259.jpg 20220224_215232.jpg 20220224_215205.jpg 20220224_215148.jpg 20220224_215126.jpg 20220224_215056.jpg 20220224_215043.jpg 20220224_214941.jpg 20220224_214926.jpg 20220227_205550.jpg 20220227_205538.jpg
Current tank

20220219_203737.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Looks like you are well on your way - thanks for sharing photos!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new