First time with saltwater after avoiding it for 40 years

Welcome to R2R
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act
 
It should be ok to keep what you have but we have a saying, “Nothing good happens fast in a reef tank”. Wait to get more fish so your biological filter can catch up to the new bioload.
 
Hi friends, I had no idea how much my inner gearhead would be addicted to this little 13 gallon tank but I just ordered an apex to monitor and am seriously considering adding a DOS to do continuous water changes because I'm lazy and love technology.

Had one mishap with a manual dosing miscalculation spiking alk and killing a beloved hammer but tank is coming along so far. I'm terrified of the ugly stage which I have experienced yet but for some brown algae on the sand.

Just wanted to follow up and wish you all a happy New Year and thank you for the warm welcome in November!
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230102_043806727.jpg
    PXL_20230102_043806727.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 68
Welcome to Reef2Reef!! Tank is off to a good start!
Welcome.gif
 
Tank’s looking good Tom. A good amount of coral nutrition comes from lights and fish waste. Are you supplementing “those”? Reef roids or say fine meaty foods for spot feeding corals?
Yes I'm alternating between reef roids, reef energy ab, and seachem zooplankton every few days! Thinking of adding to reef chili to the mix? They seem to like the zooplankton the most tbh but the reef energy green color is so cool
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new