First Timer Here Dipping Corals

MichiganGuy141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was online watching what comes up during the Tidal Gardens sale last weekend just to try and plan out my new tank. Long story short, I got in a hurry and I have my first corals ever arriving tomorrow and I am getting nervous about dipping them. Not sure if there are any risks or something special for what I am getting.

This is what will be here tomorrow:
Midas Psammocora
Spartan Leptoseris
Neon Green Pachyseris
Pink Bird's Nest Seriatopora
Forest Fire Montipora digitata
Camo Astreopora

I am planning to dip with CoralRX, then in tank water. After that into a QT for a few weeks.

Anyone see any issues with this process or using it with the above corals ? Like I said before, First timer here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a believer in heavy dipping (I dip everything in Coral Rx and Iodine) but I also usually search for the specific coral and what dips might or might not be alright for it. Coral RX is generally accepted as safe for most corals, so good luck and happy dipping.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MichiganGuy141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First corals dipped and put into the quarantine tank for a few weeks

week 5 corals.jpg

week 5 corals top.jpg

Upvote 0

sunnysidecoral

Sunnyside Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey MichiganGuy141 those look great!

Just thought I would throw this out there for ya as well if you are moving into more SPS.

We typically try to stay away from CoralRX especially for acros and smooth skins. We see a much higher death and high stress rate. It does the job but you are more likely to lose a coral or two.

We highly recommend using Bayer Advanced 2-way formula. This is what we have seen the most success with and dip all of our corals with. It is not as hard on the corals but still does a great job of killing any hitch hikers. Be careful not to use the new complete version as they changed the formula and it will kill corals. The one I linkedIn is what we use.

Here is a little more info on how we use it if you're interested.

Upvote 0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back