First Triton test

Steved350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where to start or why some of these numbers would be high. Any advice is welcome.

cd32bdea97658efcf0792763fa4dbc8b.jpg
2fb494399ad5c9612a227b5105f5abf1.jpg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using any trace element supplements that might have added zinc and molybdenum? Any metal parts in the tank?

Different issue, potassium is low and I'd raise it.

You using any white media or MarinePure type of blocks (source of aluminum).

Copper is OK at that level, IMO.

OP
OP
Steved350

Steved350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I think about it there might be a metal plug in the UV I was using for a while. I think it might be brass. I’ll definitely remove it from the circulation.

Haven’t use any trace elements at all on this tank so far. I’ll look ok at getting some potassium to bring those numbers up.
Dang Randy, I didn’t even think about the marine pure blocks I have sitting in my overflow box. If they are leaching aluminum that bad I’m in the right mind to just remove them. Your thoughts?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I think about it there might be a metal plug in the UV I was using for a while. I think it might be brass. I’ll definitely remove it from the circulation.

Haven’t use any trace elements at all on this tank so far. I’ll look ok at getting some potassium to bring those numbers up.
Dang Randy, I didn’t even think about the marine pure blocks I have sitting in my overflow box. If they are leaching aluminum that bad I’m in the right mind to just remove them. Your thoughts?

Definitely check the UV.

The aluminum might not be high enough to be an issue, but it is close enough that I don't like to see it that high. But if leathers or other soft corals are OK, it may not be an issue.

OP
OP
Steved350

Steved350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Randy I’m glad we have a place to bounce questions off people to spark conversation on remedies to concerns. There was definitely a brass plug in the end of the UV I was using. I removed the UV since it wasn’t being used anymore. Also never really saw a change when i added the marine pure block so I removed it to. I’ll do a couple water changes over the next few weeks and retest to find out if the culprit was found. Thanks again for the help.
b553b041e758391c9d5e0651992ddc66.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back