fish additions?

Salinas Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
My six foot 180 has: 120lbs of sand, 100 lbs of Marco rock, and 30 lbs of live fiji rock. Oh, and a pretty killer skimmer (bought it used, but it skims good... forgot the brand name... Marine something I think).
It's going to start out as a fowlr until I can upgrade the lights. Then it will be a reef, so I'm keeping that in mind as I make fish selections.

The fish in the tank now are: four blue-green chromis and longnose hawkfish. They have been very happy for more than a month know.

Questions:
Next I plan to add more fish in waves... hahaha... "waves"

Wave one: Juvenile Atlantic Tang and three Lyetail Anthias

about a month later...

Wave two: Bellus Angelfish pair and a Percula Clownfish pair

At that point I'll have:

1 Longnose Hawkfish
4 Chromis
3 Anthias
1 Tang
2 Angelfish
2 Clowns

Does that sound good?
How much room will I have left in my 180 for some bottom dwellers and a wrasse or two?Which species should I add first?

Thanks for reading this long post. Any info, even stuff in general, would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the wrasses are a good idea, always nice to add some color and motion to a tank.

Dalbery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the Chromis's will probably start to fight as they get older and you'll end up with 2. What about some firefish? They are always active and get alond with everyone. Also once you get your tank more established, and have a good pod population, what about a couple of dragon pipefish? they look just like a straightened out seahorse. I have 2 and love them!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back