fish aggression

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i just added 2 pyramid butterfly fish to my tank today and every once and a while my coral beauty will do this to them otherwise nothing else is going on kinda weird because the coral beauty isn't aggressive at all to any other fish will it subside with time and this is nothing to worry about?

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can put a mirror on side of the tank. it should work.

Bulletsponge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't worry too much if its not worse than that. there is always a hierarchy in tanks so they are just sorting out the new positions

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't worry too much if its not worse than that. there is always a hierarchy in tanks so they are just sorting out the new positions
yea the coral beauty isnt doing it all the time just every once and a while and it isnt really aggressive like when i tried to add another tomato clown a month or two ago my tomato tried to kill it had to take it out i will just keep an eye on it

Bulletsponge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could also try to break up feedings to multiple times a day if possible. fat, full fish that aren't concerned with not getting enough food are going to fuss less with each other

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks okay for now, the CB is just established but the butterfly does look to be flaring and not completely backing down.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back