Fish and soft coral

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do common coral eaters , butterflies, angels ect eat soft coral? Like Xenia, gsp, Kenyan tree etc ?

thanks

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it may depend on the genus/species. look into the specific species and the corals they might eat in the wild. i know some species prefer sps and others prefer zoas and still others prefer lps like acans and such.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with dwarf angels and smaller butterflies (Pearlscale) with gsp, xenia, and leathers. I bet lots of people wish they could find something that ate gsp. I have heard of reports of butterflies eating xenia, even the reef-safe pyramid bfs. Zoas and mushrooms are common targets of angels and others.

If I managed a big FOWLR, I would probably add xenia, gsp, and leathers to it. The good thing is that they are cheap, so not a huge deal if they are eaten.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do common coral eaters , butterflies, angels ect eat soft coral? Like Xenia, gsp, Kenyan tree etc ?

thanks
Haven't had trouble with bicolor, flame angel, or copperband eating any soft corals. Have both xenia and kenya. Wish they would eat the xenia though so I don't have to keep pulling it out.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back