Fish antics

s1oliver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two tanks running now for about 3 years and quickly learned each fish has a personality all its own. The winner for most personality for me is the lawnmower blenny, what a neat little fish these guys are. The other day I walked into my office where the tank he's in resides and what do I see as I walk up to my tank? That joker was literally sitting on a floating veggie clip that had come loose and rode it all the way down to the bottom and hopped off when it got to the sandbed. We stared at each other the whole time and I briefly wondered if I had walked into the Twilight Zone instead of my office. After he hopped off and let if float back up he perched himself on the rock as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I consider myself lucky to have seen this behavior and now wonder how many times he had done that prior to me walking in the room.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
my midas blenny would occasionally perch on top of my anemone cup holder. i feared for it getting stung, but thankfully and luckily it hasn't. one time it perched on a decorative buddha head i have in my tank as well, and tipped it over before i could take a picture. i have since put a coral tile under it to weigh it down..

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my midas blenny would occasionally perch on top of my anemone cup holder. i feared for it getting stung, but thankfully and luckily it hasn't. one time it perched on a decorative buddha head i have in my tank as well, and tipped it over before i could take a picture. i have since put a coral tile under it to weigh it down..
I wouldn't be too worried about it. My lawnmower in the anenome system built its cave under the flap of a really hungry carpet anenome. I've seen it pearching on the rim of the Nem as if it was totally normal ..

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back