Fish are sick and just noticed these bug things on my glass

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish got sick and there skin looked like it was peeling and melting and I was medicating and I just noticed these little bug things on my glass they look like centipedes. I did add a Petco mangrove. 10 days ago but that’s the newest thing. What are these things???? There are dead ones on the top

IMG_0081.jpeg IMG_0079.jpeg IMG_0079.jpeg IMG_0082.jpeg

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure without pics of the fish, looking like they are “peeling” can be the mucous coat response to a number of issues including velvet

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post some white light photos of fish and a short video. Also please read and answer what you can in this post.

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure without pics of the fish, looking like they are “peeling” can be the mucous coat response to a number of issues including velvet
Please post some white light photos of fish and a short video. Also please read and answer what you can in this post.

This was under white light there is a green medication in water

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worms just look like small bristleworms or dorvellidae worms - harmless and not at all related to disease.
Peeling mucus sounds like brooklynella or late stage ich. Pics would help a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics I’m not home there not great, my fire fish 1 Molly and clown goby already died I have one baby pj Cardinal and one Molly left

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The remaining fish would best be served in a hospital tank. Identification of the illness is impossible with the green water.

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The remaining fish would best be served in a hospital tank. Identification of the illness is impossible with the green water.
The water is green form medication and the remaining ones are starting to have better fins and skin

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water is green form medication and the remaining ones are starting to have better fins and skin
Depending on the illness the medication may not being doing the job though. What was added and what were the circumstances leading to the decision?

Here is a list of known illnesses and treatment. Might be better to just look through it real quick.

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the illness the medication may not being doing the job though. What was added and what were the circumstances leading to the decision?

Here is a list of known illnesses and treatment. Might be better to just look through it real quick.

Thank you , I used general cure and melafix when I noticed there skin looking weird

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a general cure for multiple things, not one specific thing and it seems to be working
I still think a hospital tank and some clear pictures would be a good idea. Some of the description you gave are for illnesses that general cure won't help. Maybe at this point finish the treatment as prescribed and get back to us after.

The skin condition mentioned could be brook, velvet or ich. Worried general cure won't do the trick in those cases.

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think a hospital tank and some clear pictures would be a good idea. Some of the description you gave are for illnesses that general cure won't help. Maybe at this point finish the treatment as prescribed and get back to us after.

The skin condition mentioned could be brook, velvet or ich. Worried general cure won't do the trick in those cases.
Ok thank you so much, I thought it could’ve been something like that, but the last two Fish, I have seem to be improving somehow

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some clear photos of the fish would help greatly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back