Acro white bugs the start of my fight

JonsNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some frags a couple of weeks ago and upon arrival after they had been acclimatised and placed in the tank ,I immediately noticed 1 out of the 4 had next to no pe.
The smooth skinned one of course lol so I had a good old look at it and it appeared to have tiny little white dots on it, they are not the most mobile bugs but once in a while one will move around, definite white bugs :(
I tried a Kcl dip and they were unphased, but upon speaking to a fellow r2r reefer I heard that Bayer dip will work.
I am unable to purchase bayer in the uk(well one person on eBay has the original for silly money) but upon looking at its active ingredients I have managed to find a flea medicine which contains Imidacloprid one of the active ingredients in the original bayer so I have ordered some and am eagerly awaiting its arrival for a dip
I will update when it arrives and I have dipped, I’m hoping for positive things lol
Upon some dodgy looking late night math it appears my dip maybe at 2.5 times the strength of Imidacloprid in a bayer dip

IMG_4195.jpeg IMG_4196.jpeg IMG_4158.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you luck with the white worms

OP
OP
JonsNano

JonsNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my flea medicine arrived today, 3x4ml with each one(4ml)containing 400mg of Imidacloprid.
I made up 500ml of fresh salt water and split it into two seperate containers one with 350ml salt and the other with 150ml I added one 4ml flea treatment to the 350ml and instantly knew this stuff wasn’t going to be as soluble as I had first thought lol it was like oil(makes sense)
So I decided to use the coral as a whisk and did this for ten minutes straight.
Now the coral looks ***** annoyed right now but I’m adamant there aren’t any bugs on it at least that I can see at the moment lol
Attached are a few photos after dip and one of the container(the whisking seemed to mix it up well in the end)
Not the best photos and I’m going to try and collect all that is in the container and examine it under a microscope

Attachments

• IMG_4203.jpeg
    IMG_4203.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4204.jpeg
    IMG_4204.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4205.jpeg
    IMG_4205.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
JonsNano

JonsNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw those white dots in the container I’m sure they are the bugs they didn’t exist before dipping the coral lol

OP
OP
JonsNano

JonsNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more btw and that would be this is a very harsh dip and was completely experimental on my part please do not do this I will be letting the solution sit in a glass jar in the sun for a month before disposing of it in a safe way at work.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 29 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 71 41.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 37 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.8%
Back