Bayer Formulations

  • Thread starter Thread starter drtechno
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
But my point was Bayer isn’t coral dip and never was. It’s just very odd and strange that whoever thought it would make a great dip.
That’s ridiculous.

Vibrant was a “reef additive” but it contained dangerous chemicals that could harm mollusks and was an algaecide when it was claimed it was a bacteria.

Just because something has an expensive reef label doesn’t make it safe.

With Bayer, I know exactly what I’m using and I can be informed on the proper safety precautions.

Why would I use a “proprietary” reef dip? I don’t like proprietary additives.

There are many unsafe scenarios in reefing and life. Just by dipping an open wound in your tank water can cause a deadly infection.

It’s all about learning how to use the chemical if you want to.

For reefers:
Muriatic acid
calcium hydroxide
sodium hydroxide
bleach
some test kit ingredients can contain toxic heavy metals such as cadmium

^ Those are some unsafe ingredients we can come across. Some are in everyday usage.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new