Fish are sick with something HELP

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to start off and say I think it's a bad case of Lympho but idk really, but I lost one fish already:( I have pics of my fox face,as you will see it's just on his mouth and he's the only fish that is eating at the moment.
I lost a pink square anthius
My other rabbit fish is not looking hot there are some spots on him that look like lympho but he is face down in the sand still hanging in there though.
My Marin Betta is just some where in the rocks but I haven't seen him.

Sadly I no it's my fault bc I didn't us a QT but if you have any info please let me know.

IMG_20200420_190140.jpg IMG_20200420_190149.jpg IMG_20200420_190204.jpg IMG_20200420_190212.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call in the pros @4FordFamily @HotRocks . They will need to know how long has the tank been set up? When is the last time something went In The tank?
The tank has been up for 3 months now just added the Marine betta last week. The anthias was at the two weeks prior and the fox and rabbit were added right after the cycle. It's a 150 gallon and parameters have been the same for the past 2 months

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a mouth infection, which id treat in a quarantine with metroplex, kanaplex, and furan 2 (easily available).

Nitrofuracin green would be a better choice in QT but it’s not as available. Treat for 14 days and have biospira on hand and some sort of sponge media in the tank for colonization of beneficial bacteria.

The other symptoms you mention may be something more sinister. Have you monitored parameters closely?

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a mouth infection, which id treat in a quarantine with metroplex, kanaplex, and furan 2 (easily available).

Nitrofuracin green would be a better choice in QT but it’s not as available. Treat for 14 days and have biospira on hand and some sort of sponge media in the tank for colonization of beneficial bacteria.

The other symptoms you mention may be something more sinister. Have you monitored parameters closely?
I will give it a go thanks and I have been testing ammonia and nitrates weekly ammonia 0 and nitrates I'd say in the middle of 5 and 10 I even did a nitrite for the fun of it 0. I know I can get the fox face and hopefully the rabbit fish out but my Marine betta who I believe brought this into the tank there's no way I will be able to get him and if he passes away in the tank.being the last fish how long would you recommend the tank to sit fishless? Or do that at all?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I agree on mouth infection and also see what looks like velvet on the body in one of the pics.
In addition to the regimen recommended by 4fordfamily, a little melafix would not hurt which is good for wounds and infected tissue

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on mouth infection and also see what looks like velvet on the body in one of the pics.
In addition to the regimen recommended by 4fordfamily, a little melafix would not hurt which is good for wounds and infected tissue
Thank you got a QT tank up now! Going to start netting them but like I asked 4fordfamily since there is no way I'm getting that Marine betta out should I still let the display tank run fish list for 60 days?

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you got a QT tank up now! Going to start netting them but like I asked 4fordfamily since there is no way I'm getting that Marine betta out should I still let the display tank run fish list for 60 days?
Fishless*

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Fishless*
Yes. With fishless concept. you might as well move rock and search for Betta. If over the 60-70 days you see a nice frag or such, you can add it to the tank to relieve any fish temptation.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
76 days would rid the tank of all pathogens that can be rid using a fallow period.

I wound great the fish in 2.0-2.5 ppm copper power and metroplex for 30 days as well, or Chloroquine Phosphate if you can find it. Might as well ensure your display remains parasite free.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back