I don't know if its a cheaper super glue going around now or what.. I have never seen this before and I have been using different super glue gels forever but the last few times globs seem to float off in the water. I had to shoo my fish away from them. I have never seen this before. I wonder if this is one particular super glue gel of if several are getting them from the same crappy factory in china.
Mine was neglagence on my part. I never glue above the tank but I had a needed quick fix for a yellow millie colony wasn't thinking it through and went in for the fix. The $ store glue gel has air pockets in them and when you think your done or have enough on than blamo the air pocket hits and an extra explosion of glue pops out. I went for it but my flow had the upper hand in this one and it was gone. Soon to be noticed as a new goatie for my tang :(
Well we are in the clear it seems. I put a piece of nori in last night while the lights were on before I went to work in order to throw some extra enticement the tangs way. Must've helped him get the urge to get the blob off. Lights came on this morning and the blob is gone. He's got his mouth open wider than usual now-maybe because he doesn't ever want to shut it again. 2 days it took. So for future searchers that find this thread for help on the subject-well it seems it will work itself off. Just keep an eye on behavior to make sure they can last the couple days needed. Super glad :) lol
Tell me about it. Thought I was going to have to watch him slowly wither away until he was slow enough to catch. I am super glad it didn't turn out like that.