Fish breeding

Fin-up reefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2018
Messages
335
Reaction score
133
Location
Greensburg
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I know this is crazy but it is possible.. does anyone know how to bond a pair of zebrasoma tangs? (Any in the family will do) I have tons of tanks to put them in alone and i have a breeding tank for brine shrimp and I also have rotifers along with a macro algae tank... I mean it must be possible to breed them right? I figure I’ll have to spend a lot of money doing this but I love challenges. If anyone has any advice please let me know.
 
Different but to my knowledge one of the only successful somewhat commercial attempt at breeding tangs - perhaps helps understand what it takes etc, good read anyway: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jwas.12426/full

Good luck!

Thank you! I’m going to do a lot of research but I’ve gotten very lucky many times in this hobby. Hopefully I can somehow at least bond a pair, breeding is just a fun thought.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new