Fish changed personality over night.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had this happen?

My Royal Gramma after 5 months hiding in the tank has decided he’s no longer scared of everything, he would not come out apart for the odd bite of food, would run if he saw a glimpse of me.

After coming out,he decided he wanted to move in with the clowns, even those they didn’t like their new room mate at first, the gramma refused to move, just sat and got covered in sand, the clowns ended up accepting him, he stayed there for a week with them happily, he now has moved out, now sits bang in the middle of the tank and has started to take mouthfuls of sand and spit it over the top of the rock work! Is this normal behaviour?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Grammas can be territorial devils as do many other fish
As much a pain it may be, change up the scaping where it is hiding and he’ll find a new spot

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had this happen?

My Royal Gramma after 5 months hiding in the tank has decided he’s no longer scared of everything, he would not come out apart for the odd bite of food, would run if he saw a glimpse of me.

After coming out,he decided he wanted to move in with the clowns, even those they didn’t like their new room mate at first, the gramma refused to move, just sat and got covered in sand, the clowns ended up accepting him, he stayed there for a week with them happily, he now has moved out, now sits bang in the middle of the tank and has started to take mouthfuls of sand and spit it over the top of the rock work! Is this normal behaviour?
Yeah it is quite normal. Once a fish becomes comfortable, they'll start to show a lot of their 'true colors'.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back