Fish Choice Chooser Generator Thingy?

EasyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here and to aquariums and doing a lot of research and gotten to the point where I'm needing to choose the first fish for the 100ga I've got ready to get off the ground... Everyone I spoke with and everything I read said go as large a tank as your wife will let you have and I was amazed at the 4'x2' spot RIGHT AS PEOPLE WALK IN! (super happy about that) anyway figure out which fish I'd like to choose?

I was thinking maybe there was a website that would let you tick off what you liked and then let you see their stats and such quick and easy.

TL:DR? Is there a website that would help me easily choose a handful of my first saltwater fish for a 100ga tank?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a tough question to answer. You can search for saltwater fish compatibility and find charts like this...

Start compiling a list of fish you'd like to have and then go from there, checking the overall compatibility. With a potential stocking list, it will be easier for others to offer advice about which ones to choose.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking maybe there was a website that would let you tick off what you liked and then let you see their stats and such quick and easy.
Honestly, the closest I can think of to this is LiveAquaria's site - you can look through, and if a fish catches your eye, click it to pull up that fish's buy/info page; they have a "Quick Stats" section and an "Overview" section on each fish's page that gives recommendations on minimum tank size, a bit of info, etc. - they also have a compatibility chart like mentioned above.

That said, from everything I've heard recently, while LiveAquaria has some good info on a lot of species in the hobby, I would not order from them - I'd figure out some fish you're interested in, then order from somewhere else.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back