fish compatibility

Deborah Armay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have a 90 gal reef tank. I'm new to the hobby. Currently I have a flame angelfish, 2 clownfish, 3 pajama cardinals, 1 blue tang ( had a yellow tang but it disappeared over the Christmas holidays??), 1 goby firefish, 1 diamond goby, 1 green chromis (had 2 but one disappeared over the holidays with my yellow tang), 1 lawnmover benny (love this guy) and 2 filefish. I'm looking to add more fish to my tank. Any suggestions? Thanks

Marine Iguana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What filtration do you have? I always recommend adding a few wrasse to a tank- look into flasher wrasse, yellow coris wrasse, melanurus wrasse, and lubbocks fairy wrasse. Just make sure that whatever filtration you have can keep up with a higher bioload.

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone will have a different opinion on how many fish you should stock. Some people like a busy and full tank and as long as you have large enough biofilter and nutrient export methods in place you should be ok. Personally I wouldn’t add any more fish as what you have seems like plenty for a 90 gallon. I have 14 in my 180g and would only consider adding 1-2 more.
This is just my opinion. The blue tang is going to need a larger tank very soon. They grow fast and require a 200+ gallon system.
I am in the same boat with my naso which will need an 8’ long tank soon enough.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the nutrient levels in the tank? Have you been able to pinpoint the reason your tang and chromis disappeared over the holidays?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back