Fish damage mark on main body or disease to worry about?

jibson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

So a bit of context here - I've just moved in a watanabei angel pair to make a trio with my other female. To avoid any aggression after the acclimation box , I've covered the tank to be mostly dark for the last few days.

However, on uncovering, I noticed this concerning mark on the body of my pyramid butterflyfish, whom I've had for over 2 years now. Sorry for the awful photo he moves around like crazy when I'm near the tank as he loves to eat.

Thank-you very much - see image below

20240523_200946(0)~2.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi guys,

So a bit of context here - I've just moved in a watanabei angel pair to make a trio with my other female. To avoid any aggression after the acclimation box , I've covered the tank to be mostly dark for the last few days.

However, on uncovering, I noticed this concerning mark on the body of my pyramid butterflyfish, whom I've had for over 2 years now. Sorry for the awful photo he moves around like crazy when I'm near the tank as he loves to eat.

Thank-you very much - see image below

20240523_200946(0)~2.jpg
Looks like damage from netting but these fish can also get uronema
Hard to assess a fish in a bag

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it looks like damage - probably from leaving it in the dark? Without any new exposures to blame a disease on. Your picture would be easier to see under white light - and a video would be helpful. Also - any other history

OP
OP
jibson

jibson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks like damage - probably from leaving it in the dark? Without any new exposures to blame a disease on. Your picture would be easier to see under white light - and a video would be helpful. Also - any other history
Here's a video in white light below, thanks! Sorry for dirty glass - don't notice when the blue LEDs are on! And he only had flukes when I first got him, other than that very good water quality.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Here's a video in white light below, thanks! Sorry for dirty glass - don't notice when the blue LEDs are on! And he only had flukes when I first got him, other than that very good water quality.

Video has sound only

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is this better? Thanks :)

Yes- looks like netting damage and should heal on its own however have on hand Seachem neoplex should it become red or sore

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this better? Thanks :)

I’ve seen this on pyramids before, I call them “divots”. I’m not convinced they are from injuries - the ones I’ve seen with this had them for months. Sorry I don’t have a treatment for you though….

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an injury or blemish that is likely harmless long-term to me :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 67 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.7%
Back