Fish died in QT, what should i do with the inverts and the corals in the QT?

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a QT tank but the 2 clownfish died from what I could only say are internal issues as they didn't eat. anyway, there was a skunk cleaner shrimp, a tiger conch, a ricordia mushroom, and a zoa in the tank with the fish.
my DT has been ready to a while now and can take those animals, my question is should i add them or do i need to do something?
since they all were with the fish when they died, idk if they could carry something into the DT. i think i saw somewhere online someone comment that i should wait for the shrimp to molt and then add, i should dip the corals, etc.

idk what to do rlly i haven't had a situation like this before. any thoughts? thx in advance!

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip the corals. You're probably fine with inverts, but you can also wait a while to be on the safe side.
ill probably dip them today, and my shrimp molted today (what a coincidence I was just talking about him molting yesterday), since he molted, should I go ahead and add him? there wont be any fish in the DT for about 2-5 weeks anyway, only corals, LR, and snails

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back