fish dieing

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just 2 fish left. I have been copper treating with ich-x. 5 ml or 1 teaspoon per 10 gallon. keeping it at 2.0. its been 2 weeks of treatment with no signs of ich, velvet Brooklyn.
I looked for signs of ich. they were hanging around my wavemakers. but after a few short days. they perked up. been doing 20 percent water changes and keeping the copper at 2.0 testing 3 a day. in morning, evening and at night befor going to bed. all looked good until this morning. wrasse is breathing heavy. looked and tested with the API copper and silfert copper test kit and at 2.0.
ph 8.0
salinity 1.021
temp 80 degrees.
I also thought velvet but no signs other than heavy breathing. the wrasse is not eating at all. the chromas is eating hearty still. I thought UM also. I know there is no known cure for this. I don't see any red soars on any of the fish that had died. so I don't think it's UM. although I did tear down my DT and bleached all rocks and all equiptment. and tossed out the sand. and replaced the sand. rinsed everything off after the bleach bath. I bleached rocks and all equiptment for 24 hours. nothing will survive that. and did the same with the DT. I did that as a precautionary measure and then refilled the dt and recycling it. also put in a bottle of instant ocean bacteria. just to help speed it up a little more. all parameters on the DT are good and cycling through 2 ml of ammonia in 8 hours. and algea is now growing on rocks already. it's been a month since I did this.

I thought flukes. did a freshwater dip for 5 minutes and nothing came out of the fish. no black sprinkles on the fish. so it's not black ICH. there is no signs of bacterial infections. no signs of lymphocystis, poop looks good. so no internal parasites. HLLE is out. no signs of that at all.

so at this point. I think treating with ich-x more will be just the only cause of action and continue the treatment. to see if a parasite did reattach itself and attacking my wrasse.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did increase the aeriation of the tank with the air pump and the wrasse is starting to breathe normally but still not swimming or eating yet. it's at the bottom against some rocks. if I remove the rocks it will swim to the pvc pipe and stay there. i'm gonna give it some time. just retested the copper with api and at 2. so hopefully this will be just a quick attack and I'll continue the treatment for another couple of weeks. see where it gets the health of the wrasse. the chromas is swimming and eating hearty to day still.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back