Fish Diet

Riggins76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I researched this topic a little on the internet but I couldn't find the exact answer to my question.

I have Clownfish, a Watchman Goby, and a Flame Hawkfish in my tank. Before I bought Mysis Shrimp (frozen) they were fine eating the pellets but I read several places that Mysis shrimp is just the "go to" for feeding fish. My question is do I need to switch my food up every day or every other day or switch it up at all? By that I mean is it perfectly acceptable to feed them Mysis shrimp for the rest of their lives or should I always supplement it with something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The general rule of thumb is feed enough that fish finishes in 3 mins.

I find pellets or flakes more nutritious than frozen based on its nutritional printout but that assumes the fish would take pellets or flakes.

I use frozen more as a treat.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it is best to feed varied diet. I feed my fish 3 different kind of pellets , pre made frozen (LRS fish frenzy), mysis, fish eggs and brine shrimps. I have tangs, clowns, wrasses and goby and they are all fat and I believe healthy.

OP
OP
R

Riggins76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for this helpful information. It appears to me that everyone just does variety and I think I will go get some different foods this evening.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pick up some brine shrimp eggs while you are out, its super easy to hatch them (check out a few youtube videos), and your fish will love you for it, And plus, its fun to watch them dart out to grab a bite.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back