Do I feed enough?

jabba1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
I'm new to the hobby and lots of things I do are based on trial and error method. Could You tell me if thats enough food for my tank fish and inverts? All of my livestock varies in size from small to medium.
I have:
4x clown
1x coral beauty
1x wrasse
1x damsel
1x yellow watchmen goby
2x cleaner shrimp

I feed them 2x day at 10AM and 4PM, one frozen cube of mysis in the morning and 1x cube of frozen spirulina mysis in the evenings. Occasionally I give them dry pellets which they seem not to like enough. Is that enough or should I increase?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
how are your water parameters feeding like this? doing this will let you know if you are overfeeding or if your filtration cannot keep up.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
I'm new to the hobby and lots of things I do are based on trial and error method. Could You tell me if thats enough food for my tank fish and inverts? All of my livestock varies in size from small to medium.
I have:
4x clown
1x coral beauty
1x wrasse
1x damsel
1x yellow watchmen goby
2x cleaner shrimp

I feed them 2x day at 10AM and 4PM, one frozen cube of mysis in the morning and 1x cube of frozen spirulina mysis in the evenings. Occasionally I give them dry pellets which they seem not to like enough. Is that enough or should I increase?
that sounds like plenty to me. But lets see what others have to say. Do you have a CUC? Copepods? They will help with any excess food

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really depends on water parameters. How are your nitrate and phosphate levels? I feed 4 x per day, smaller feedings more frequently throughout the day. I also soak food in selcon and other vitamin rich supplements.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would divide your 2 cubes into 3 or even 4 feedings or even more.

I feed less amount because I don't want waste, but I feed 4 or 5 even 6 times a day. Fish poop is great for the system but rotting food is bad and fuels algae.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would divide your 2 cubes into 3 or even 4 feedings or even more.

I feed less amount because I don't want waste, but I feed 4 or 5 even 6 times a day. Fish poop is great for the system but rotting food is bad and fuels algae.
I wish I could do just that. But I leave in early morning, and do not get home until dinner time. So twice a day is what I do.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
I have:
4x clown
1x coral beauty
1x wrasse
1x damsel
1x yellow watchmen goby
2x cleaner shrimp

If anything, maybe on the low end with 8 fish.
But if everyone happy, I’d just leave that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back