Fish dyeing

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Pleas help me my tank full of Soft Corals and i get a new small blue tang and she was scared,so all my other fish get stressed from it was swimming fast now it's normal but my fish get ich most of them and my fish now dying two big fish clownfish and tomato tang and blue eye yellow fish and i get scared for other fish and i do not have QNT at my home and i can not get one what should i do i have already turned on my Big UV light and increase temp to 26-27 degrees what i can do else to save my tank from ich all the sick fish now dye still the good one but i want to save them pleas i need help i can not add copper i have allot of soft corals

ec34bf6c-9392-47d4-8344-0c3838facd2a.jpeg c0a87b59-8803-43df-a14a-badf400a788a.jpeg IMG_4896.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello

Pleas help me my tank full of Soft Corals and i get a new small blue tang and she was scared,so all my other fish get stressed from it was swimming fast now it's normal but my fish get ich most of them and my fish now dying two big fish clownfish and tomato tang and blue eye yellow fish and i get scared for other fish and i do not have QNT at my home and i can not get one what should i do i have already turned on my Big UV light and increase temp to 26-27 degrees what i can do else to save my tank from ich all the sick fish now dye still the good one but i want to save them pleas i need help i can not add copper i have allot of soft corals

ec34bf6c-9392-47d4-8344-0c3838facd2a.jpeg c0a87b59-8803-43df-a14a-badf400a788a.jpeg IMG_4896.jpeg
You have three different things going on here. The hippo blue has mucus cones mixed with ich. The sailfin appears to have black ich and the clown looks to have Brooklynella and possible ich. Reason I used the words seems and possible is due to the low light which makes it hard to clearly see.
Black ich is not true parasitical ich but are turbellarian worms and likely the Paravortex version which are smaller and appear as grains of black spots which are the worms that give it the appearance of ich as melanin pigmentation causes the appearance of black dots
These worms have a single host life cycle producing several juveniles which can last up to 30 days but rarely do. Best is to treat with Praziquantel better known as prazi pro for two 8 day intervals with a water change on day nine. Other option is formalin based medication such as quick cure or ruby Rally Pro starting with a bath for 45 minutes followed by treatment
Do note that Prazi will lower both oxygen and appetite, so an airstone is recommended for added aeration and monitor water quality during treatment with a reliable test kit
For the clown, Ruby Rally Pro or even tri-sulfa.
For the hippo tang, a copper product such as coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back