• 68F3CF7E-18A8-4DAC-AE59-52032F75EF8B.jpeg
    68F3CF7E-18A8-4DAC-AE59-52032F75EF8B.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 36

Renaissance corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend angling the power head on the left in a way that it flows across the top of the rocks should do good with the higher flow requiring corals and provide enough flow to the rest of the tank without being too much.

OP
OP
S

Shalex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend angling the power head on the left in a way that it flows across the top of the rocks should do good with the higher flow requiring corals and provide enough flow to the rest of the tank without being too much.
Ok. So did the to much water flow kill my fish?

Renaissance corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend angling the power head on the left in a way that it flows across the top of the rocks should do good with the higher flow requiring corals and provide enough flow to the rest of the tank without being too much
Ok. So did the to much water flow kill my fish?
Its possible. It's also possible the hawkfish was bullying them. Definitely do the camera test to see if its the case

OP
OP
S

Shalex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend angling the power head on the left in a way that it flows across the top of the rocks should do good with the higher flow requiring corals and provide enough flow to the rest of the tank without being too much

Its possible. It's also possible the hawkfish was bullying them. Definitely do the camera test to see if its the case
Okay I shall do that probably while I’m at school

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like disease killed your fish. You've mentioned flukes and ich and adding new fish all with a small amount of time. I'm struggling to understand the concern about flow. Coincidence that adding more flow happened to be when the fish died but my thoughts are this tank has disease that hasn't been addressed. Were the fish quarantined before being added? Can you separate the corals from the fish to treat?

Last edited:

Renaissance corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like disease killed your fish. You've mentioned flukes and ich and adding new fish all with a small amount of time. I'm struggling to understand the concern about flow. Coincidence that adding more flow happened to be when the fish died but my thoughts are this tank has disease that hasn't been addressed. Where the fish quarantined before being added? Can you separate the corals from the fish to treat?
That is a very good point. I had forgotten he mentioned that.

OP
OP
S

Shalex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like disease killed your fish. You've mentioned flukes and ich and adding new fish all with a small amount of time. I'm struggling to understand the concern about flow. Coincidence that adding more flow happened to be when the fish died but my thoughts are this tank has disease that hasn't been addressed. Were the fish quarantined before being added? Can you separate the corals from the fish to treat?
Yeah the thing is all my fish died but they hawk fish didn’t, sadly I can’t separate the corals from the fish but I’m just going to wait time for the disease dies

Renaissance corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the thing is all my fish died but they hawk fish didn’t, sadly I can’t separate the corals from the fish but I’m just going to wait time for the disease dies
If the hawkfish starts showing signs of disease i would set up a hospital tank. Best not to treat the main tank as you could end up with resistant strains of the disease.

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the thing is all my fish died but they hawk fish didn’t, sadly I can’t separate the corals from the fish but I’m just going to wait time for the disease
Without a quarantine/hospital tank unfortunately you're always going to be in this cycle potentially when you bring in a new fish. I know you're banking on the fact that one fish didn't die but as you mentioned the four other fish did die. Those were attributed to disease.

OP
OP
S

Shalex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a quarantine/hospital tank unfortunately you're always going to be in this cycle potentially when you bring in a new fish. I know you're banking on the fact that one fish didn't die but as you mentioned the four other fish did die. Those were attributed to disease.
Okay, my dad has a 125-gallon tank maybe I can put them in there for now, but one of the polyps has connected o the rocks, so I probably cant do that, I will see, thank you for the comments

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back