Fish for 25 gallon lagoon.

  • Thread starter Thread starter edsbeaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Depending on Flame Hawkfish personality, he may be a problem.

The flame hawkfish MIGHT change personality in the smaller tank as well. But if he's a model citizen that list looks good... Probably maxed out, but good.
You were both, sadly, right on the money. The flame Hawkfish killed the Royal gramma. 😢. I was able to get the Hawkfish out of the tank. He’s hanging out in an 8” net until my LFS opens.

So now I’m down to just the one clownfish. I may take him to LFS also, and just start with all new nano appropriate fish. I couldn’t help but feel that all three of these fish seemed too large for this tank. Not because they were, but probably because I was used to seeing them in a huge tank before downsizing.
 
You were both, sadly, right on the money. The flame Hawkfish killed the Royal gramma. 😢. I was able to get the Hawkfish out of the tank. He’s hanging out in an 8” net until my LFS opens.

So now I’m down to just the one clownfish. I may take him to LFS also, and just start with all new nano appropriate fish. I couldn’t help but feel that all three of these fish seemed too large for this tank. Not because they were, but probably because I was used to seeing them in a huge tank before downsizing.
Generalizations on fish species behavior is not a science. However, after 55 years, I do see trends. Predicting grouo behavior is more of a Science. Individuals behavior is not so easily predicted. Once in a community freash water planted aquarium, fancy guppies decimated the fins on a male Siamese fighting fish.

Selecting compatible fish & invertebrates is an art of expression and sometimes a crapshoot. Rehome all fish and cycle your tank first. If possible get a small amount of diver collected live rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new