Fish for 40 Gallon Tank

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like the title says I’m trying to get ideas for fish that can go into a 40 gallon. Me being somewhat new to saltwater I find myself having to physically click on every single fish on some of these websites to see if they can fit into that size. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any sites or has a comprehensive list of fish that can fit in a 40 gallon tank. Thanks

mikez104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like the title says I’m trying to get ideas for fish that can go into a 40 gallon. Me being somewhat new to saltwater I find myself having to physically click on every single fish on some of these websites to see if they can fit into that size. I wanted to know if anyone knows of any sites or has a comprehensive list of fish that can fit in a 40 gallon tank. Thanks
I also have a new 40 and am trying to find cool fish that will help clean the tank. I'd love a yellow tang because they will hunt algae all day but people get all weird about having a tang in anything smaller than a 1000 lol

ParkerK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a new 40 and am trying to find cool fish that will help clean the tank. I'd love a yellow tang because they will hunt algae all day but people get all weird about having a tang in anything smaller than a 1000 lol
I’d say screw it as long as u don’t post about tangs lol online. Look at Some dwarf/Pygmy angels. Cool variants and mimic qualities of tangs like grazing and algae eating. Wrasses are great too and there are some nice ones out there!! Good luck!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back