Fish for Floridian Biotope

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing a Floridian Biotope in my twenty gallon aquarium (with the exception of a few SPS since I can’t obtain Floridian SPS and a clownfish because he’s my buddy and I can’t give him away) but I’d like suggestions on Floridian/Caribbean fish species!!! I really want a wrasse and I was looking at the Slippery Dick Wrasse but apparently they get huge... all ideas are welcome though! Thanks!

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely couldn't do any Caribbean wrasses in a 20 gallon, but you could probably do a royal gramma and a neon goby with your clown.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely couldn't do any Caribbean wrasses in a 20 gallon, but you could probably do a royal gramma and a neon goby with your clown.
I didn’t know neon gobies were indigenous! That’s nice to know though because I think they’re really cool :D and I didn’t know Royal Grammas were indigenous either

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
KP Aquatics and Reeftopia carry all Caribbean fish.

Some that come to mind that are great are Chalk bass. Chalk bass are peaceful and do fine with a few of them together.
there are a few basslets that would do well.
There are a few gobies that would be great too.. Neon gobies are great and also provide a cleaning service for fish.
Rust gobies pairs will spawn regularly.
Also a few blennies that would be fine.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP Aquatics and Reeftopia carry all Caribbean fish.

Some that come to mind that are great are Chalk bass. Chalk bass are peaceful and do fine with a few of them together.
there are a few basslets that would do well.
There are a few gobies that would be great too.. Neon gobies are great and also provide a cleaning service for fish.
Rust gobies pairs will spawn regularly.
Also a few blennies that would be fine.
Cool! I’ll check some of their stuff out. Thanks!
I also used to have a chalk bass... he was adorable. He passed away though :(

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow headed jawfish, royal gamma, chalk bass, blue chromis, neon goby, and larger fish. For corals, you might think of getting some the great Caribbean gorgonians (most are photosynthetic).

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow headed jawfish, royal gamma, chalk bass, blue chromis, neon goby, and larger fish. For corals, you might think of getting some the great Caribbean gorgonians (most are photosynthetic).
I’ve got a good bit of those and I’m always adding to my gorgonian collection. They’re my favorite coral :D

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back