Fish for frag tank

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of setting up a 4’ long 60 gallon frag tank. Was wondering what would be some good fish to keep in the tank that will do a “job”. Was going to place some piles of rocks in the corners so fish have place to hide and feel safe. Didn’t want to put a lid on the tank, so I could easily work, frag, maintenance the tank, so no jumpers please :)

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My go to is always a sixline wrasse. Possibly a filefish of some sort or a Valentini puffer. All serve some sort of function but isn’t best to keep low bioload so you can focus on feeding the corals.

OP
OP
S

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay i was considering getting one of those captive bred yellow tangs. That way I can have it for a while before it out grows the tank. I was considering a six line wrasse but isn’t any wrasse considered a jumper? Don’t want to head to the tank one day after work and see him all dried up on the floor.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay i was considering getting one of those captive bred yellow tangs. That way I can have it for a while before it out grows the tank. I was considering a six line wrasse but isn’t any wrasse considered a jumper? Don’t want to head to the tank one day after work and see him all dried up on the floor.
Six lines jump far less than most wrasses. Another less jump alt is Pygmy wrasses

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back