Fish got himself stuck... i cant get him out need ideas!

Brandon103095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, when i was doing a water change one of my fish got spooked and jumped into the back of my AIO tank (recife eco 40 gal) and now resides where i circled in the pic. He is under the little ledge that leaves room for the water to go to the return chamber. I took all of the stuff in the back out and thats when i discovered he is just small enough to fit under that ledge >.> How in the world am i supposed to get him out???

tank.png

Tl02022020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure there is plenty of water in the aio compartment and leave him for a few minutes and he may come out of there. If not, maybe a gentle tap on one side to shoo him out the other way? Then carefully slide a small net down there and catch him. Good luck!

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe stick a net in that space, give him a while to get used to it and then place food between glass and net - when he swims away from ledge scoop him out; good luck, you've got a tough one.

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had better luck retrieving fish from the back of AiO tanks with my hands rather than a net.

Put a net, piece of plastic, anything to separate the two chambers. Restrict the fish's movement to one chamber.

Then slowly reach your hand down, cup it, and slowly move up, trying to keep the fish above you. Half the time the fish jumps back over into the front of the tank, but a quarter of the time it jumps sideways, so get ready for that too.

Back