Fish help please!!

marman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my fish Are slowly dying and I'm down to two. Started out as ich. I went to LFS and bought meds they recommended. have been using for 5 days now but fish looks like getting worse. My water was tested by LFS and all was perfect. Any ideas this is what this one looks like I don't have a quarantine tank. My corals all look and seem great still. fish going down hill.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1425779766.646015.jpg

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry phone is acting up. If you can not get a qt set up. I would treat with prazi pro. What have you been treating with?

OP
OP
M

marman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told to use metroplex and selco boost with my food i'm guessing because started out as a ich or they thought it was. My fish initially all had white specs except this one. Here's what he looked like before I started meds.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1425781024.746101.jpg

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I see the ick now. What is your other surviving fish and how does it look. The problem with foxfaces is that they can change color so those black spots may just be scars...

OP
OP
M

marman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stars and Stripes puffer which seems to have lost his spots but today I lost goby and clarki

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did any of them show dark spots like the foxface in the first pic? did you notice any gasping or gill flaring?

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok then is there anyway you can setup a hospital tank? If ich is bad enough to kill then treatment in a reef tank won't usually work.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. If you can't try doing large water changes after lights out and be sure to vacuum the sand bed. You can also do freshwater dips to help lower the parasite load on the fish.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be ich, but based on the timeline could also be velvet. How many fish have you lost in how many days? Either way, I would QT all remaining fish and treat with copper ASAP.

Deinonych

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. If you can't try doing large water changes after lights out and be sure to vacuum the sand bed. You can also do freshwater dips to help lower the parasite load on the fish.

That looks like Cryptocaryon to me. Foxfaces tend to get black areas around the white lesions when infected, especially on the flanks where their chromatophores are more dense.

Freshwater dips won't do anything if it's Crypto (the parasites embed under the epidermis and are protected from environmental treatments). Vacuuming the sand bed won't have any effect either. These fish need to be removed from the DT and placed into treatment ASAP. The longer the fish remain in the DT, the more virulent the disease becomes. Foxfaces are pretty tough fish, but they'll get overwhelmed by parasite load eventually.

buzz225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLEASE HELP

My diamond gobys tail is very damaged what could have caused this I am very concerned

Attachments

• 1426015921180.jpg
    1426015921180.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 156

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back