Fish ideas for a 20 gal Nuvo

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm getting my girlfriend in the hobby (she wants a tank) and decided on getting a starter kit from BRS that is a Nuvo 20 gal tank, perfect size for her bedroom. She is looking for ideas on fish, and maybe inverts as well, i suggest nano clowns and maybe a goby, but we are open to suggestions from everyone

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo 20 gal Panorama. Prime HD 16 Reef light. I have carpet and Bta anemones, Designer Clowns, Pink and metallic green Hammer corals, encrusting montepora, GPS's, and a few zoas.I had maroon clowns but I do not recommend them becuase they will be rough on your anemones and bite you when you need to put your hand inside the tank. Have fun! Remember to cycle your tank for months before adding anything at all!!
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_9297.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo 20 gal Panorama. I have carpet and Bta anemones, Designer Clowns, Pink and metallic green Hammer corals, encrusting montepora, GPS's, and a few zoas.I had maroon clowns but I do not recommend them becuase they will be rough on your anemones and bite you when you need to put your hand inside the tank. Have fun! Remember to cycle your tank for months before adding anything at all!!
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_9297.JPG

i personally want a drop off tank, like what you have. thought they looked cool, and i told her about cycling. what we might do is pull a piece of rock out of my 120 to put in her tank to help cycle it

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i personally want a drop off tank, like what you have. thought they looked cool, and i told her about cycling. what we might do is pull a piece of rock out of my 120 to put in her tank to help cycle it
Thats a great idea- The thing I had a hard lesson on is I had added too many coral and after cycling finished my algae bloom occurred and I had the hardest time getting rid of that algae. It was killing my zoas. This is my first tank. 7 months old. How old is your big tank? Im curious if you parted the filtration rocks and water from your 120 if it would help with the cycle. Im raising a baby yellow tang then when my hair salon re opens ill be able to make money to buy my larger tank before he gets too big, but he doesn't seem to be eating the little hair algae left on some of my zoas.

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is a 120 gal and it just turned 3. starting to finally keep some coral in it so i have some good aged liverock

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so went from 24 gal tank to a 40 gal tank. Opens the doors up for some more fish. Pair of clowns for sure but idea and if you have a 40 gal tank pics

Back