Fish identification grouper

Justsomedude

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2018
Messages
101
Reaction score
132
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I recently purchased a beautiful grouper for my predator tank however I don’t believe the guy at the fish store knew what he was talking about I’m pretty sure he called it a lolly pop grouper if any of you know the correct species I’d greatly appreciate it thanks
1a7be6f1ee3140ec0fbb15aa43c0904c.jpg
870fcf1b2b31a931d0ba893c9378b791.jpg
 
Welcome aboard, JustSomeDude!

Your fish doesn't strike me as particularly "grouper-ish", but might be one of the larger dottybacks - perhaps a Queensland dottyback, or something in the genus Labracinus?

~Bruce
 
Yeap it’s a Queensland dotty back lol thanks guys
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new