Fish in your frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter H@rry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,434
Reaction score
575
Location
Huntsville, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble maintaining color in my SPS frags in the frag tank. It's about 45 gallons and only has 2 small damsels. I'm beginning to wonder if the lack of "fish poop" is "starving" the corals.

What stocking levels of fish to you folks have in your frag tanks?
 
in my old 8' frag tank, i had a sohol and a chevron (tangs). i never noticed anything ... of course, it was plumbed into my entire system with the skimmer running 24/7.
 
i had a small 20 gallon long tank and had to clowns....dont know if i made a diff, but i did have fish in it.
 
Harry,

I don't have a frag tank. But you will need fish to feed the frags. Try clown fish, wrasses (be sure top is covered). Or Anthia's.
 
get a nice little kole yellow eye tang and he take care of any algae issues also
 
I don't think my tank is big enough for a tang. I think I'll add 3 or 4 more small fish in the next week. Thanx folks.
 
Added two clowns yesterday. Let's see if it will make a difference.
 
Start with a small one and then when he gets big, swap him out....I've had a tang in a 29 gallon for over 3 years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new