Fish keeps getting sick

warrencheng25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I have a 60 gallon reef tank. I have been having issue keeping the fish healthy. Everytime I get a new fish I would QT them for 30-45 days and dose it with paraguard. Then I would transfer them over to my DT after 2-3 weeks they start to get ich. This would happen repeatedly. I take them out again to the QT and start over again. I got 2 clown fish and they have been fine for 3 months no health issue in my DT. I got hippo tang, yellow tang and kole tang in the QT and everytime I put them back to the DT 2 weeks later they Have ich. The clowns are still in the DT and healthy. Would it matter if I don’t add any fish for 90days and left the 2 clowns in the DT and ich will eventually die or you have to completely remove all fish? Because my 2 clowns never got ich

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To rid the display tank of ich, you'll have to remove and treat all fish. The main display will have to remain fallow (fishless) for 76 days so that the ich will be starved out.

For treating the fish, you'll have to use copper, or chloroquine, or hyposalinity, or tank transfer method.

OP
OP
W

warrencheng25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To rid the display tank of ich, you'll have to remove and treat all fish. The main display will have to remain fallow (fishless) for 76 days so that the ich will be starved out.

For treating the fish, you'll have to use copper, or chloroquine, or hyposalinity, or tank transfer method.
Yes I have been dosing copper safe. I will remove all dish then. Thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back