Fish keeps going down weir overflow

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently ordered a YWG online, he is much smaller than I expected (or have ever seen) and behaves unusual for a YWG, swimming around in open water. I’m hoping he just hasn’t adjusted to the tank yet.

anyway, I added him and he went missing. I found him in my filter sock last night. So I added him back to the tank and 15 mins later I’m getting a low sump alert from my Profilux. I go to check on the tank and hear the emergency overflow gurgling. I open up my gait valve and sure enough, out pops the yellow watchman goby into my filter sock.

Any tips? I’ve got a cade tank with two overflows (one high, one low). Can I stick him in an acclimation box in the tank until he gets too big to fit through the weir teeth?

I thought about putting some net or something over the overflow, but I’ve got a lot of algae growing in the weir teeth and accessing the lower weir would be nearly impossible.

I want him to do well, but this is getting old fast

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Place nylon screen or plastic mesh at overflow to prevent this

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried 3 different ywg’s and every single one ends up in the weir or filter socks….

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tried 3 different ywg’s and every single one ends up in the weir or filter socks….
Great… that’s reassuring.

my old one I believe would have been too big to fit through my weir, but this guy is tiny. I’m hoping once it grows a little bit it won’t be able to fit through it.

Back