Fish need a good home

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have some fish that need a good home. I caught several fish on my vacation this year and have some extras. I have Bo gregory damsels. they are Extremely pretty but extremely aggressive. and one eyelash blenny left. PM if interested

bigdaddytanner450r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to catch those blennys from the rocks? And how did u keep them alive on the trip home? I'm going to FL in three weeks that's why I ask?

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will put you down daniel

Tanner, the best and really only way is a slurp gun. the blennies and gobbies are very easy to catch, and the damsels are fairly easy, I didnt spend alot of time catching them this year cause I really didnt want them. and I dont want to take from the wild what im not gonna use. Last year I caught about 30 or so damsels and alot of gobbies and blennies.This year I also caught two altantic blue tangs that are happy in my tank now.
I took a aqua medic 9 gallon nano with me and used it to hold the fish while I was there for a week, with 4 gallons of there water and 5 gallons of carib sea water, the nano has a skimmer so it keeps the water oxygen rich. I then bag then 4 or 6 to a big bag and put them in a cooler for the ride home. Be sure and get a SALTWATER fishing license. catching aquarium grade fish is a no no without a license. Also read up on what you can keep, I caught a tiny flounder that I couldnt keep.
Where are you going in florida?

Silveradositn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait wait im sorry i dont wont the fish i was thinking tail spot sorry never mind

bigdaddytanner450r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We like to go to Saint Andrew's State Park in Panama City. If you go to the left and then go snorkel out by the jetties (man made reef), you will see all kinds of tangs, damsels, blennies, flounders, and lots of others that I don't know the names of. And this ''slurp gun'' you speak of...what is it, and where can I get one? And the 9 gallon nano, what make and model should I get?

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, The slurp guns are hard to find. Most dive shops will special order them. if you search ebay for slurp gun there is one guy who seems to always have some on there. his prices are about the same as special ordering one. My nano is a aqua medic I bought from donny, but it doesnt have to be special, just a decent tank you can run carbon on and good aeration, whether it be a skimmer or an airstone. then pack the fish well and keep the temps good. I noticed you said STATE PARK. Dont get caught in a state park. if you do act extremely stupid, even alittle druel would help, cause state parks usually mean prison time for catching aquarium fish. Just check and be careful. another idea that some use is taking a water cooler bottle and cutting the funneled end off and inverting it back into the bottle creating a trap, then put food or frozen peas in the bottle, the fish will swim in and then cant get out.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you do go and catch fish, buy one of those yellow floating minnow buckets at walmart, tie a string to it and put a large weight or rock as an anchor and use it to put your fish in as you catch them, it works great and the door on it is spring loaded so it is really easy to use while snorkelling. just a helpful tip!

jettster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u can get a foam minnow bucket with a battery powered air pump that runs off 2 d batterys and last a couple of days around 10 to 15 bucks at wally world we brought fish back from Destin in it but it is a little noisey but beach towels work great as sound deadners

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No andy, I took them to a local store a few days after making this thread

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back