OP
OP
tnc112105

tnc112105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I even spent $30+ on LRS Fish Eggs at the recommendation of the LFS to try and get him to eat. Still trying live brine and black worms daily.

I've never had this much trouble getting a fish to eat before. The chinstrap jawfish in the same tank eats like a pig. I'm feeling very defeated... I have no idea what else to try.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He likely has internal parasites, did I see you dosed prazi pro? It really has to be done right away, I just don't believe any fish comes in today without parasites. Some of us luck out when we get a fish from a source that dewormed before we get them, there's one lfs here that does; other than that it best to immediately treat for internal parasites.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes a fish just doesn't eat, no matter what you try. Why can be hard to ascertain. Usually it's some kind of underlying disease, but sometimes you just get an individual that is so stressed it just doesn't recover. I do think deworming is important, though internal parasites don't usually prevent a fish from eating. It just doesn't put on weight, or keeps losing weight.

OP
OP
tnc112105

tnc112105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HE’S EATING!! YES!!!!!

Treated with Prazi on Wednesday, and today he tried a few small chunks of the fish eggs. Hopefully things will only improve from here.

I know most people do a second dose of Prazi to catch any eggs that hatch after the initial dose. I’ll probably try to fatten him up over the next two to three days, and Prazi again on Monday.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news!

Redose prazi after 6-7 days.

Best of luck

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HE’S EATING!! YES!!!!!

Treated with Prazi on Wednesday, and today he tried a few small chunks of the fish eggs. Hopefully things will only improve from here.

I know most people do a second dose of Prazi to catch any eggs that hatch after the initial dose. I’ll probably try to fatten him up over the next two to three days, and Prazi again on Monday.

Kudos to you for not giving up!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back