Fish not eating

tylr_am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a good feeding schedule and feed them frozen food and they used to all devour the food and would be so happy to eat. Now half the fish in the tank have stopped eating I haven’t added anything new for month and all the water parameters are fine and they are showing no signs of illness other than not eating please help!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a good feeding schedule and feed them frozen food and they used to all devour the food and would be so happy to eat. Now half the fish in the tank have stopped eating I haven’t added anything new for month and all the water parameters are fine and they are showing no signs of illness other than not eating please help!
What fish are not eating and which are eating?Respiration elevated? Any aerosols used nearby? Do you have a video of the fish?

OP
OP
T

tylr_am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish are not eating and which are eating?Respiration elevated? Any aerosols used nearby? Do you have a video of the fish?
My blue spot jawfish my blue spot puffer and my file fish aren’t eating my clown fish and starry blenny are eating I’m not home so I can’t get a video no aerosols near by another thing I noticed is when I used to go up to the tank they would hide for a sec then come out now they hide until I leave

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fish that were eating, but then stop, typically have a serious issue - usually a parasite. A video of the fish would help. Here is a post about the other background information we need to try to figure this out for you:

Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My blue spot jawfish my blue spot puffer and my file fish aren’t eating my clown fish and starry blenny are eating I’m not home so I can’t get a video no aerosols near by another thing I noticed is when I used to go up to the tank they would hide for a sec then come out now they hide until I leave
So these fish are extremely difficult to keep - so - they have special food needs? I think? Can you give any more information - like when you got them, whether they were quarantined, - and any other information. ? Sad to hear about the fish. More information will help us help you

OP
OP
T

tylr_am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how a parasite would’ve gotten in there I haven’t added any new fish or anything new for months

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t know how a parasite would’ve gotten in there I haven’t added any new fish or anything new for months
I think you missed the key message - these are all difficult to keep fish - I'm not sure at all there is a parasite. It might be food.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you missed the key message - these are all difficult to keep fish - I'm not sure at all there is a parasite. It might be food.

But half the fish stopped eating. The bluespot jawfish is delicate for sure, but I think that there is something major going on to make the puffer and filefish stop eating.

Waiting on a reply with more water quality information and a video.....

Jay

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But half the fish stopped eating. The bluespot jawfish is delicate for sure, but I think that there is something major going on to make the puffer and filefish stop eating.

Waiting on a reply with more water quality information and a video.....

Jay
Yes - I agree - I was alluding to the comment from the OP who said that he didn't know where a parasite could have come from

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.8%
Back