Fish okay with no filtration overnight?

Wilkerson.reed

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
188
Reaction score
22
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not my best day... My brand new coral died and my overflow started leaking so I had to turn everything off... The only thing I will be able to turn on is the heater and light for now... Is that okay? My sump will have to be off for a day or 2... Will they survive?
 
Aim it a bit to the surface of the water to get some gas exchange....assuming you have live rock in the tank, you should be good to go for a while
 
As long as you have some amount of flow you should be ok for a day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new