fish pics

youngtimothy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
309
Reaction score
4
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I attempted to take some fish pictures today, here are the best ones! I'm useing an sony alpha 100 with an external flash at a 45 with a white card above, kit lens, manual mode f 5.6, ISO 200, shutter 1/125, the fish look ok but I cant fix the background colors, the coraline looks terrible! thanks for looking!
DSC07385.jpg


DSC07387.jpg


DSC07391.jpg
 
Those pics look fine to me. Are you wanting to correct the color on the background or did you want it in focus?
 
I dont mind the blur but the color looks off and thats the best I could get it in post process.
 
They look good, the backgrounds are a little distracting though. I would suggest using a larger aperture, say f/4, just to get the background out of focus and consequently raising your shutter speed to get sharper pics.

Jake
 
They look good, the backgrounds are a little distracting though. I would suggest using a larger aperture, say f/4, just to get the background out of focus and consequently raising your shutter speed to get sharper pics.

Jake
thanks for the tips, I dont like the background either. this was my first attempt at fish with a flash so hopefully they can only get better!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new