Fish Poo is the Magic coral food that's FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish poo is the magic sauce .....everything else just cost you money. How do you know your coral is getting any benefit from spot feeding him all the pre-made concoctions? Oh yes he eats it but does he get anything out of it or does the coral just expells it later at night when your dreaming about next Tank Build???

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe your coral seems larger and healthier because its finally in the correct lighting and water parameters and not from your ........whatever food you use

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let me clarify...it is not technically free you have to buy some fish food to start the whole process. everybody knows this already its nothing new. So what are you feeding your corals and are you sure they like it?

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacterioplankton don't even need fish they form one way or another and they feed your coral even if they are underappreciated.
Is that possible in an aquarium...you have a source for this?

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacterioplankton don't even need fish they form one way or another and they feed your coral even if they are underappreciated.
Have you tested this out without fish and raised corals long term

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of nutrient issues some are having and it is no wonder. They are just pouring all kinds of unknown potions in there tank based off almost no data to accurately predict what will happen.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right fish poop corals eat it. But what to do if you don’t have fish or don’t want fish?
oh i dont know im just asking like you.... i am guessing a reef wont be successful long term maybe even short with out fish

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i dont know im just asking like you.... i am guessing a reef wont be successful long term maybe even short with out fish
I would say in this case we would have to feed. I have a 4g and I won’t be putting fish in it. So I feed once a week lightly with reef roofs. Then once a week I put 1-2 pellets in each mouth of the LPS that I have.

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can get some fish free though from people closing down tanks or some are so cheap they are almost free. Can you afford A FRESH WATER mollie....they are pretty free

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say in this case we would have to feed. I have a 4g and I won’t be putting fish in it. So I feed once a week lightly with reef roofs. Then once a week I put 1-2 pellets in each mouth of the LPS that I have.
your tank will be poluted with reef roids at that size...get a small neon goby for that tank....give you something to look at and they will poop

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your tank will be poluted with reef roids at that size...get a small neon goby for that tank....give you something to look at and they will poop
even better a yellow clown goby or the citreon goby or the war paint clown goby

OP
OP
U

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef roids are over rated and not needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back