Fish quarantine

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a good quarantine setup and proven method that would be willing to quarantine some fish for a fee? Few tangs, few anthias, couple clowns, maybe some chromis, couple gobies, a mandarin and a blenny

OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I am getting back into the hobby and setting up a new tank and would prefer to buy all new fish completely quarantined and not have to worry about parasites and stuff.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But that's a lot of fish to quarantine all at once so you need a pretty good sized tank. The mandarin wouldn't do well in quarantine. I can't remember about something I read years ago mandarin doesn't catch ich? But it's been long ago.

OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your replies and concerns MikeyTN. Quarantine is for many things including ich, flukes, velvet, etc..... I have been reefkeeping for about 8 years. Just havent been around the forums lately. You think it would be ok to put all those guys in a 40 gal breeder?

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything in the list will do well in a small QT except the mandarin. I would recommend tank transfer for all except mandarin. After TTM I would watch for several weeks just to be sure. The mandarin I would recommend to go into a fishless established tank with shrimp and such for a few weeks before going to display. I am in the market to order fish soon myself, and will QT as well.

OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to check out humble fish aquatics once he is set up and running. I just don’t have the time or space to do any kind of QT on fish at the moment

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back