Fish Recommendations for my 30 gallon???

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, just planning out a stock list for my 30 gallon finnex. i already have a false percula hanging out in my 20 gallon waiting for the 30 to finish cycling. i plan on adding a shrimpgoby after the clown and a mystery wrasse as the 4th fish. i just need some suggestions for a 3rd fish, any recommendations? also, if i were to get a shrimpgoby w/pistol shrimp, will the wrasse eat the pistol? i know mystery wrasses are known for eating shrimp, but i have never heard of them eating pistols, only blood and cleaners. maybe they don't go after the pistols because they can defend themselves, any idea?

OP
OP
b0bby1

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah, thanks for the suggestion though. i would rather have something different, some variety instead of 2 of the same fish. i would definetly get another one if my tank was larger.

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a blenny, either a BiColor or a Midas. The mystery wrasse (which should be fine with the pistol) might not like company when swimming in the open parts of the tank.

OP
OP
b0bby1

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would love a blenny, but don't wanna deal with them nipping at corals or clams. same thing with angels, want one but they eat corals. any other suggestion?

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a boat load of gobies in my 12 gallon. They are very communal and are alot of fun to watch. Some of mine are, Circus Goby, Yellow wtchman, orange spotted prawn goby, pinkbar goby. Thay actually all sleep together in the same cave every night in a little group. I dunno, i think gobies are great for smaller sized tanks. I tried the pistol shrimp thing but got rid of mine. I had 7 pom pom crabs in my tank but the pistol tortured and killed 4 of them before i could remove him.

OP
OP
b0bby1

b0bby1

Zoa/Paly Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't really like the blackcap, but i like Pitcoms idea alot. i think i'm gonna stick with that and buy 2 or 3 gobies since they basically have no bioload.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 39 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%

Back