Fish refusing pellets

CrossXchaos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have 10 fish in my dt and my newest fish which has joined the team is a 3" flame angelfish hes very thick and with a great appetite for some foods. Over the course of 3 weeks in the dt I've not seen him go to nori clip or eat pellets.
Heres what I've tried for pellets 3mm pe mysis, nls marine fish 1mm, nls algeamax and Northfin marine 1mm.
Here's what he eats pe mysis flakes, Vitaliy algea flakes, nls optimum flakes, pe mysis frozen, and Hikari mysis.
Any suggestions on converting him to pellets he kind of ignores them or spits it out?

OP
OP
CrossXchaos

CrossXchaos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to add that he has had a mouth bacterial infection which I had pulled and treated him successfully so im not sure if his mouth is back to 100% initially it was from a injury from fighting on his first attempt at joining the dt. He sees the other fish eat pellets and the other dwarf angels eating nori but doesn't show interest in nori and spits pellets.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why try to force changes in what the fish is eating? I'd be concerned if it wasn't eating, since it is eating frozen, feed frozen.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back