Fish seems to be getting ill

Travv26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not sure what caused this but I’ve been reading up on this and think my yellow tang has a bacteria infection. Has been in the tank for a year and no other fish is showing any signs of illness. Problem is I can’t take the tang out without destroying the tank and causing more stress to the tang. Tangs eating, being active, and picking on the rocks still. Read a few different threads and treatments, but can I use this in my mixed reef tank and have my corals be ok.

“Combining Kanaplex, Furan 2 and Metroplex has the potential for providing the widest spectrum of antibiotics for a gram negative (or even a particularly stubborn gram positive”

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not sure what caused this but I’ve been reading up on this and think my yellow tang has a bacteria infection. Has been in the tank for a year and no other fish is showing any signs of illness. Problem is I can’t take the tang out without destroying the tank and causing more stress to the tang. Tangs eating, being active, and picking on the rocks still. Read a few different threads and treatments, but can I use this in my mixed reef tank and have my corals be ok.

“Combining Kanaplex, Furan 2 and Metroplex has the potential for providing the widest spectrum of antibiotics for a gram negative (or even a particularly stubborn gram positive”
New guy here, but when my blue tang got very ill I just soaked the MySis in kanaplex and target fed him with my coral feeder. About one shrimp at a time seemed to have done the trick.

OP
OP
Travv26

Travv26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry here’s a quick picture as I’m running out the door for work I know it’s very blue but lights are turning and didn’t grab the filter.
1CF31679-BB3C-4500-858B-F9B134B8F5B9.jpeg

Bobblehead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be HLLE? I remember reading on this forum, maybe it was Jay Hemdal?, that yellow tangs tend to start showing this disease around the face.

Back