fish stocking ideas for 75g tank

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also for a tang i wanted a (i want them all lol) but the acanthurus coerulus i think is how you spell it but i read that they can get to 15 inches but then a different site said 8... anybody know the real size?
they get pretty big

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want a nice tang and willing to splash the cash look into the black tang it's my dream fish i would be very jelly if you got 1 of them

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to err on the side of caution giving advice just because if things blow up because you took on something very challenging still being new I don't want you to get discouraged and leave the hobby. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to stocking choices especially the first couple years in the hobby
i dont think that will ever happen. my passion for this is so strong its crazy

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also for a tang i wanted a (i want them all lol) but the acanthurus coerulus i think is how you spell it but i read that they can get to 15 inches but then a different site said 8... anybody know the real size?
Any acanthurus tang will be same thing as a powder blue. Bad idea in that tank size. At that size the happiest tangs will be any Ctenochaetus tang that isn't a chevron. You could also MAYBE get away with a yellow tang or purple tang, but that's pushing it and has the option for aggression especially at that tank size

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think you could get one yellow or purple tang but no more after that, you need a 6ft tank to have more than one.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re going to get that fish might as well get a bigger tank and better equipment because the run like 2 grand on live aquaria.
£3500 for a hybrid here in the UK

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back