Fish Stocking, looking for advice

mattrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Finally got my new tank and it's looking good. I've got a few fish already and looking for some advice. Looking to set up a mixed reef.

The tank is a D-D aqua Pro Reef 900 270l ish including sump.

Current stock
1 valentini puffer
3 blue/green chromis

Looking to get
1 royal gramma
1 red firefighter
1 mandarin (nowhere near getting this one as I have done extensive research and will be setting up pod breeding soon)
1 dwarf angel, thinking a flame.

At this point I believe I would be fully stocked?

Currently have a tmc centrepiece 2 and a tmc centrepiece 5 plus a large cave from another rock and a couple of islands.

Already have some toast too

Many thanks

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Finally got my new tank and it's looking good. I've got a few fish already and looking for some advice. Looking to set up a mixed reef.

The tank is a D-D aqua Pro Reef 900 270l ish including sump.

Current stock
1 valentini puffer
3 blue/green chromis

Looking to get
1 royal gramma
1 red firefighter
1 mandarin (nowhere near getting this one as I have done extensive research and will be setting up pod breeding soon)
1 dwarf angel, thinking a flame.

At this point I believe I would be fully stocked?

Currently have a tmc centrepiece 2 and a tmc centrepiece 5 plus a large cave from another rock and a couple of islands.

Already have some toast too

Many thanks
Everything looks good, in fact you could probably have 3-4 more small fish if your filtration is good.

In case you didn’t know you cant have any corals or inverts with that puffer fish because he will eat everything.

OP
OP
M

mattrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks good, in fact you could probably have 3-4 more small fish if your filtration is good.

In case you didn’t know you cant have any corals or inverts with that puffer fish because he will eat everything.
Thank you, I've got a reef octo skimmer, plus rock and bio balls in the sump, 2 media cups with floss and carbon.

My plan is to keep him well fed, he hasn't even looked at the zoas yet and then make a decision if he starts going for any other corals, had him in my old tank with hermits and snails and he's never bothered with them. He's currently a model citizen, I have read they can be hit and miss and depends on the fish so just not putting anything expensive in until I know what if anything he might go for

Last edited:

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree you could probably fit 2-3 more small fish in there comfortably. You will likely end up with only one of those chromis eventually. Maybe you’ll get lucky but most of us have tried and failed to keep groups of them long term. One usually dominates and kills off the rest slowly. But its worth a try. Some people have gotten lucky.

Anthias are always a beautiful addition and don’t get too big for your tank.

Back