Fish stocking question

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During my tank moving, many fish passed. Not sure why. But it’s been about a month since I moved it, all same LR and water, rinsed sand. As of now I have 2 clowns, fire shrimp and a pistol. All doing great but I’m looking for 2 more fish, 1 yellow watchman and then 1 other fish.
My question - what’s the most active fish for a 25 gallon? (Reef safe) It’s a lagoon tank so the footprint of the tank allows for more swimming room. Not suggesting tangs or anything obviously but hopefully y’all understand what I’m trying to say.
Thanks!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think Canary would probably get a little big for that tank... Also, how deep is your sand bed? They prefer a deeper sand bed and your tank is shallow to begin with?

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I have not had good results with clowns. They can be very aggressive.
Wdym clowns? Clownfish? If so mine are okay, don’t show any aggression towards anything now or even in the past

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Canary would probably get a little big for that tank... Also, how deep is your sand bed? They prefer a deeper sand bed and your tank is shallow to begin with?
Sandbed is around 1.5 inch deep give or take. My dimensions are 23.6" L x 19.68" W x 11.8" H.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wdym clowns? Clownfish? If so mine are okay, don’t show any aggression towards anything now or even in the past
Yes, clownfish. My pair killed two fish and almost a third before I removed them. 32 gallon cube. They got to be comfortable and large enough to start breeding behavior, and then went psycho on the tank. Your mileage may vary. I called them the Insane Clown Posse.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sandbed is around 1.5 inch deep give or take. My dimensions are 23.6" L x 19.68" W x 11.8" H.
The Possum Wrasse is a pygmy wrasse. The Canary (and Melanurus) reach up to 5'. My Melanurus swims top to bottom and through all the rock work. I'm thinking your tank, while having a nice footprint, is still too small for most Haliocheres species.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, clownfish. My pair killed two fish and almost a third before I removed them. 32 gallon cube. They got to be comfortable and large enough to start breeding behavior, and then went psycho on the tank. Your mileage may vary. I called them the Insane Clown Posse.
What breed of clown were they?

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Possum Wrasse is a pygmy wrasse. The Canary (and Melanurus) reach up to 5'. My Melanurus swims top to bottom and through all the rock work. I'm thinking your tank, while having a nice footprint, is still too small for most Haliocheres species.
Ahh gotcha. Wasn’t really educated on those guys yet just like them as of now lol

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ocellaris
Oh wow I have never had a clown do that. The ones I have now like to stay in their spot, in my trachy lol they don’t swim around much but they are always in the open which I like and want in my next fish

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ahh gotcha. Wasn’t really educated on those guys yet just like them as of now lol
I love my Melanurus for movement and color but he's a nervous fish and dives. He also swims constantly. Mine is in a 125 and like I said, he swims up and down in my 24" deep tank, top to bottom constantly.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow I have never had a clown do that. The ones I have now like to stay in their spot, in my trachy lol they don’t swim around much but they are always in the open which I like and want in my next fish
Different fish have different personalities and temperaments. I had a Royal Gramma that was an absolute jerk too.

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Melanurus for movement and color but he's a nervous fish and dives. He also swims constantly. Mine is in a 125 and like I said, he swims up and down in my 24" deep tank, top to bottom constantly.
Yeah seen those guys at the LFS and they never stop moving. It’s awesome. I love the idea of a big tank like yours and I want one some day but, my apartment doesn’t have the space for it as well as their “10 gallon aquarium policy” lol. Think anything above 30 would push their buttons haha!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back