Fish trap that doesn’t catch snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter chadfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chadfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
350
Reaction score
201
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a fish trap design that won’t catch only narcissus snails? I tried an inverted water bottle, but it was very light and sat on the bottom. I tried using magnets, but the snails found it anyway. I tried a white yogurt container with a baggie over the top and suspended it from my cross-brace and the snails stayed away, but so did the fish.
I know patience patience patience, but I also don’t want a bunch of rotting mysis shrimp boosting my nitrate levels.

I’m trying to catch a chromis, two firefish, and a shrimpgoby. (The clowns are so dim and friendly, I could pick them up with my hand)
Thanks, gotta get everyone into QT ASAP to treat for ich.
 
Give snails something way more interesting to investigate?
1622577375519.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new